Wednesday, January 12, 2011

As we welcome a new decade


First of all, I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year! May everyone find the comfort and success you want and deserve. As for me, I plan to work as hard as ever in 2011. It has been a while since my last blog so I apologize for that. I plan to write this year at least twice a month to keep everyone up to date with my silly adventures. Last year was such a productive year with the release of my album and now it’s even more of a challenge to go out and promote it! This year has already started on a good note. I’m scheduled to perform at this year’s SXSW festival in Austin which I am absolutely excited about. Austin is always such a great city to perform. I’m looking forward to visiting again. We are also planning a tour of Texas, CA and some east coast shows this year. We’re hearing that the album is making a buzz among blues lovers in Japan so that is exciting as well.
I have also started a new project, an idea that had been fiddling round my head for a while now. I have taken 8 of my songs and re-arranged them in a Mexican folklore style. We’re keeping it very traditional simply vihuela, guitarron, Mexican harp, voice and nylon guitar. No electric instruments at all. The songs will be in Spanish and English and the arrangements sound amazing! I am a big fan of Jarocho music from Veracruz as well as Mariachi music and to hear my songs done that way is really special. Look out very soon for a DVD of us performing those songs live in the studio.
I would also like to add that we have just shot two new videos in support of “Keep on Movin’. The first one we did here in Los Angeles and it’s for the song “Tell Me”. It’s a simple little song that I wrote with a very classic feel to it. Almost like my version of a classic oldie. Fans really love this song so I shot this for them. The other was for “Keep on Movin” the title track of my album. We were very blessed to have been allowed to shoot this video in a monastery in El Paso. Being an inspirational song, we couldn’t have found a better location. Look out very soon on my youtube channel for the release of these two videos.
So as this year begins, so do the new challenges. Let’s focus on accomplishing unfinished business. No need to get there as fast as we can, but rather enjoy our journey there. The best part of life is living it! Because once all is said and done, the only thing we can look back and enjoy is how we got there. Acceptance is the key to happiness. Let yourself be free from the negativity that surrounds you and soon positive energy will follow. No need to waste time with pointless matters. Convey yourself with a greater sense of natural intensity that is satisfying to the mind and soul rather than imposter with the physicality of things. Status and beauty is only a man made condition which feeds the egotistical mind of the afflicted. As I have gotten older, I have learned that being a person with great faith overcomes those with great power. Like that midget whose faith over weighed the sad giant who claimed to be king of the village. Believe in yourself! Be strong, take your life as far as you can take it, Love everyone and Keep On Movin’. See you soon.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment