Monday, June 27, 2011

Opening for Los Lobos and moving into the future.


Summer is finally here! It has always been my favorite time of the year. Even with a crazy schedule, there is not one day I wish I was soaking my toes in the Malibu beach. I am extremely thankful for everything that has been happening for me in the past 6 months. First of all, I am so grateful for all the support I’ve been getting on the release of my video for my song “Tell Me”. The response has been overwhelming. In just 3 months we’ve been able to reach almost 3,000 hits! That’s almost 1,000 hits a month. That might not seem like much, but for an independent artist like myself without a major push and advertising from a huge record label, I am extremely proud. Once again, I’d like to thank everyone who contributed and made this video so special. In between a touring schedule we took some time to shoot another video, this one for the title track of my album Keep on Movin’. We shot this one in my hometown of El Paso Texas. We were very fortunate to shoot this video at St. Anthony’s Seminary. Being a very personal and motivational song we couldn’t have been blessed with a better location. We’re releasing the video at my “official” CD release party in Oct.
Out of all the gigs I have done this year, the one that was the most exciting for me was when we got invited to be the supporting act for Los Lobos. I hadn’t performed in El Paso since last October and so to come home and perform in front of 8,000 people was a special homecoming. I have been a huge fan of Los Lobos since I was a kid and even luckier to become friends with David Hidalgo once I moved to LA, so being on the same bill with those guys was really special. The played a great show as always and it was definitely a night to remember. I have included highlights from the Los Lobos concert below. I want to thank Jaime Blanco and his staff at DoubleScope films. They were responsible for shooting the event and did an amazing job. DoubleScope films was also generous enough to feature me on 2 episodes for “Under the Frequency”, an online music show that interviews and spotlights local and national bands on the move. The show is targeted for music lovers around the world so make sure and check them out! (http://www.DoubleScopefilms.com)
As far as plans for the future go, we are already planning a Texas tour starting in Sept. We are playing all the major cities including San Antonio, Dallas. Houston, Corpus Christi and of course, Austin. Be sure and add my Facebook Fan page for details. Once all of that is out of the way, I’m heading into the studio to work on the next record. I’ve written about 16 new songs for this album and the initial demos already sound fantastic! I’m really excited to get started on the new tracks, I know the fans will really like the new direction by music is heading. The preliminary title of the album is called “Let it Shine” and will include plenty of rockin’ tunes along with some slow jams, funky grooves and a heavy dose of Chicano Soul! As always I’d like to thank everyone to writes to me on my blogger, facebook and twitter sites. It is your support that keeps me moving and groovin’. Hope to see ya’ll at the shows. Always remember that the greatest thing we can do as human beings is to love one another. Keep smiling, keep dreaming and Keep on Movin’. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment